Today, most people are aware of the problems with our drinking water. There are news reports each week about another clean-up effort on chemical spills, agricultural run-offs, e-coli bacteria, cryptosporidium, and acid rain. Toxic materials such as PCBs and heavy metals are rapidly leaching into our aquifers and contaminating our water supplies faster than government agencies can find solutions.
Water, being nature's "universal solvent", has the ability to dissolve almost anything with which it comes in contact. Hence, rain and melting snow carry pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers into our streams, rivers, lakes and wells. Nitrates from fertilizers used for agriculture and home lawn care can contaminate water supplies. Trichloroethylene and benzene, the most commonly found contaminants surrounding industrial waste sites, are both known to cause cancer.
Municipal water that is chlorinated kills most bacteria and viruses. However, we know chlorine is a dangerous chemical because it forms cancer causing compounds such as trihalomethanes and chloroforms when it mixes with organic matter. This is just one example of what happens when chemicals combine. What other combinations are happening and we are not aware of?
Contamination can also occur after water has been treated. Increasing amounts of lead, asbestos, bacteria, heavy metals and other contaminates may leach into your water supply such as pipes, solder joints and brass fixtures deteriorate with age. Lead when ingested, can cause sever kidney damage and learning disabilities...particularly in children.
What we can do to help?
We provide you with free on-site professional consultation and evaluation of your household water quality concerns. We have standard and custom tailored packages to help you maintain the water safety.
1. Water sample collection for delivery to accredited laboratories and testing for bacteria, metals, minerals and overall chemistry
2. Complete water chemistry packages up to 54 different test
4. Single parameter test available
5. Heavy metals and petroleum packages
6. Scheduled microbiological testing sequences and spot checking
7. Documentation and monitoring of your water quality over time
8. Emergency customer services for serious safety concerns and bottled water supplies
Real estate agents and mortgage water test requirements
1. collect and process potability tests for mortgage approval
2. Inspection water quality or real estate transfers
Ontario Drinking water standards
We provide water quality management services to clients who are regulated under the Ontario water resources act.
Water well completion
1. Study and evaluate well lithology log and driller log and provide professional consultation on well completion and production
2. Design and sale appropriate submersible pumps
3. Installation new well heads
4. Well chlorine shock to prevent and / or control iron bacteria and sulpher bacteria and the resulted bad smell.
Should the water test show a problem with the quality of your water, where treatment systems are required, we will never sacrifice the value of science and our profession by selling products which do not reflect the best in quality, performance, and price.
This type of service that no other water company has ever offered!